Let’s talk NAILS!
I am a nail girl! Catch me at the nail salon every 2 weeks! I don’t do too much; just nice, simple, and chic. Sometimes a little sparkle. If you get your nails done like I do then you know its a pretty big bill! With a full set, fill ins and pedis, I was spending way over $150 per month. Now I have just about done it all, gel polish, shellac, SNS.
I’ve even got fed up at the nail salon and stopped going; trying to do them at home. I felt that nail salons don’t always appreciate their customers and sometimes the customer service is bad. But doing nails at home proved to be extremely hard. So of course I went back.
A little while ago a neighbor hipped me to POLYGEL! Baby what a lifesaver!
What is POLYGEL? Polygel is a nail builder gel that is easily moldable and hardens under a UV lamp. This is like the product you get after the nail tech combines the acrylic powder and the acrylic solution. It’s the gel already mixed and ready to mold. It grips to your nail easily and with the right brand is extremely easy to use!
I watched a few tutorials on Youtube tutorials first (I will link my favorite below). It seemed easy enough that it was definitely worth a shot. Next I headed over to my good Judy Amazon. I scoured all the reviews for the top polygel kits I could find. I settled on Modelone’s Polygel Kit.
This kit came with 6 gel colors, base and top coat, the slip solution, the polygel brush tool, dual forms, file, rhinestones and glitter. All of these colors were great! Apricot is my fave!
NOW there are a few things that I added to my own nail routine to make them last longer! Get these items as well! Without them your nails might pop off.
- Nail dehydrant: this get all the oils off your nail which makes them stick longer
- Primer: this is also needed to help them last much longer
- UV lamp: I wanted a professional lamp to shorten the process
- Nail Drill: I use this to prep my nails and remove the cuticle. I also use to shape the nail as well.
- Wipe Pads: These keep the dust and cotton strings from sticking to the nail.
- Gel Nail Design: I wanted to do cute organic designs
- No wipe Top Coat: This top coat cures fast and doesn’t leave that sticky layer
- Extra Nail files: You will need these! Shaping the nails is the longest but most important part
Here are my favorite videos:
I promise, once you get this stuff you wont go to the nail salon ever again! I absolutely love this stuff!